Monday, September 22, 2014

Bad Day


Ice Cream Cone Day




So far it's just been a ridiculous, awful day.  It started going south last night, when my daughter woke up with a soaking wet diaper and wouldn't go back to sleep (except, of course, in mom and dad's bed). It continued this morning when she woke at 5:30 a.m. (why don't children have snooze buttons?) Then she wet the bed again at nap time, and my house now looks likes 20 college freshmen and a team of toddlers stormed through and forgot to clean up. In my zombie state of mind I have accomplished nothing I set out to do today. So at this point, the only redeeming factor is that it's National Ice Cream Cone Day. I mean, the fact that ice cream cones somehow managed to make it onto the national calendar tells me that at least one bureaucrat out there knows what's up. So there's that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment