Thursday, September 25, 2014

Facebook


FACEBOOK OVERLOAD

Sometimes Facebook is just like a really overwhelming coffee date. It's like having coffee with 25 people and they are all talking to you at the same time. Maybe it's just my spastic ADD brain, but Facebook just seems like a giant, ongoing simultaneous conversation; it looks something like this: "I hate Obama! I love Jesus! I have a funny cat! My kid is funny! World War 3 is imminent, arm yourselves! I am on a diet! I am on a better diet! This is a picture of my dinner! I did laundry! Go Ducks! I hate the Ducks! I hate my spouse! I mean, I love my spouse, I just hate doing his laundry! Inspiring Quote! Squirrel! It's my kid's birthday! Baby picture! Quinoa can kill you! Game request! Does your kid do this weird thing too?" None of which are bad topics in and of themselves, but you meld them all together into a distracting mass of words and you get "Obama, arm yourself with ducks on a diet, this is a picture of squirrels that love Jesus eating quinoa with a baby doing laundry and other weird things while inspiring others day by day."  I mean, sometimes I wonder why I can't concentrate and why the world seems so confusing, and then I remember that I keep checking Facebook, and you just can't do that without getting a little distracted and thinking squirrels eat quinoa. 

1 comment:

  1. You're an f'ing comedic genius. The best part though is that you're not trying to be funny. You're just so smart and honest. I love this!

    ReplyDelete